Taking care of your health is very important through your proper food and nutrition especially during coronavirus. Here are some guidelines and tips for managing health and nutrition during coronavirus. Proper food and nutrition for health are vital. People who take a well-balanced diet tend to be more healthy with more powerful immune systems. It can also decrease the risk of stubborn diseases and infectious diseases. So you need to take meals each day to get the vitamins, minerals, fibres, protein and antioxidants you need.
Related Articles: Parenting And Managing in Coronavirus Time
Avoid Eating Out and Prefer Home Made Food Only
- Avoid eating out to avoid your contact of touch and decrease threat of in contact to COVID-19. We recomend a distance of a minimum of 1 metre between yourself and others. That isn’t posasible in crowded social settings like eating places and parks.
- Try to make all food at home, even at your special events. As its more helpful to your budget and you can make more food in less money. First your family may not find same taste by your meal, but with time they will also like your home made hygenic food which is full of taste and nutrients.
Eat Fruits and Vegetables and Unprocessed Stuff
- Avoid sugar, fats and salt to decrease problem of overweight, obesity, heart disease, stroke, diabetes and cancer. Eat unprocessed meals each day. Eat greens, legumes, nuts and entire grains e.g. unprocessed maize, millet, oats, wheat, brown rice or starchy tubers or roots which includes potato,taro or cassava. Take meals from animal sources e.g. meat, fish, eggs and milk. Daily, take 2 cups of fruit.
- Five cups of greens, a hundred and eighty g of grains, and a hundred and sixty g of meat and beans, beef may be eaten 1−2 instances consistent with week, and chicken two or three times consistent with week.
- For snacks, select uncooked greens and fruit instead of meals that can be excessive in sugar, fats or salt. Do not overcook greens and fruit as this may result in the lack of vital vitamins loss. When the usage of canned or dried greens and fruit, select without salt or sugar.
Drink Sufficient Water
- Drink sufficient water each day. Water is important for life as It transports vitamins in blood, and help to get rid of waste. Drink 8–10 glasses of water each day. Water is the first-class choice, however, you may add different beverages, that incorporate water, for example, lemon juice, tea and coffee. But do not take excessive amount of caffeine, and keep away from sweetened fruit juices, syrups, fruit juice concentrates.
Fats and Oil in Less Quantity
- Eat less quantities of fats and oil. Consume unsaturated fats ( fish, avocado, nuts, olive oil, soy, canola, sunflower and corn oils) instead of saturated fats (fatty meat, butter, coconut oil, cream, cheese, ghee and lard).
- Choose white meat chicken and fish, which are usually low in fats, instead of beef.
- Avoid processed meats due to the fact they’re excessive in fats and salt. Where feasible, choose low-fat or reduced-fat variations of milk and dairy products.
- Avoid Trans Fats. These are regularly uesd in processed food, snack food, fried food, frozen pizza, pies, cookies, margarine and spreads.
Use Less Salt and Sugar
- Limit your each day salt consumption to much less than five g (about 1 teaspoon), and use iodized salt. Avoid meals or snacks that can be excessive in salt and sugar.
- Limit your consumption of beverages or sodas and different beverages which can be excessive in sugar e.g. fruit juices, fruit juice concentrates and syrups, flavoured milk and yoghurt beverages. Take sweet fresh fruits, dates and avoid cookies, desserts and chocolate.
- Eat less salt and sugar when cooking ready to use foods, also use less salt and sodium in other recipes as well.
Good Amount Of Exercise
- Managing health and nutrition during coronavirus time is very important but it’s not possible without doing exercise. You should exercise whatever you can do easily like, running, jogging, yoga, cardio, aerobics or any exercise that you can do at home. Exercise will make you physically and mentally active. There are many benefits of exercise which care equal benefits for all age groups of men and women.
- Exercise helps to prevent and manage many medical problems like depression, anxiety, heart problems, High Blood Pressure, Arthritis.
- Good amount of exercise helps to boost energy, improves sleep routine, avoid mood swings, balancing emotions, muscles strengthening and body shaping.
Related Article: Manage Exercise During Coronavirus